The Canon PowerShot S5 IS is a top of the line compact digital camera that takes high quality 8 megapixel 3264 x 2448 resolution photos. The PowerShot S5 IS is equipped with Canon's DIGIC 3 processor for still images and videos that are "rendered with fine detail and luminous clarity". The PowerShot S5 IS features a 2.5" Purecolor wide-view LCD preview screen and includes an attachment that is compatible with Canon Speedlite EX Series external flashes for enhanced picture flash support. The S5 lens has a 12x optical and 4x digital zoom that can be combined with 16:9 widescreen picture format capabilities to create incredibly detailed high-definition photos. For storage the S5 IS provides an SDHC slot for SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, and MultiMediaCard support. The camera also takes a AA size alkaline or equivalent Li-Ion rechargable battery for power and provides a battery life of 12 hours (170 shots) with the LCD screen on or 15 hours (450 shots) with the LCD screen off. The Canon PowerShot S5 IS was released in October, 2007 and has an MSRP of $349.99.
- 8 Megapixel image sensor,3264 x 2448 maximum resolution photos
- Canon DIGIC 3 image processor technology
- 14x optical zoom/ 4x digital zoom with image stabilization software
- 2.5" Purecolor VGA LCD Wide-view Preview Screen
- Multiple camera shooting modes, various special camera effects, and red-eye reduction flash mode.
- 10-2 second delay self-timer
- SDHC card slot for storage; compatibility with all SD/SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC MMC Plus Cards
- 2 AA size batteries or rechargable battery size equivalent; 12 hours (170 shots) with the LCD screen on or 15 hours (450 shots) with the LCD screen off
- Outputs: USB 2.0 (mini-B), NTSC/PAL video out, Stereo audio out
- Focal Length: 6.0-72.0mm f/2.7-3.5 (35mm film equivalent: 36-432mm)
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.7 (W) - f/3.5 (T)
- Release Date: October 1, 2007
- MSRP: $349.99
Add New Resource