The Canon PowerShot G9 is a top of the line compact digital camera that takes professional quality 12.1 megapixel photos. Canon claims the camera is for advanced amateur photographers and has the ability to completely meet and exceed all their demands and needs. The Powershot G9 includes Canon's DIGIC 3 series image processor designed to produce incredible motion detection and capture facial expression even during fast movement. The Powershot G9 camera features a high-powered 6x optical zoom with optical image stabilization. The camera also includes a 3" Purecolor II, VGA, LCD wide-view preview display screen. Individual picture editing can be done on the actual device, in the event photos need to be changed on the fly and all photos can also be in RAW format for "ultimate creative control". The Powershot G9 also includes print and share buttons directly on the camera for easy print access when connected to compatible Canon photo printers. For additional features the Powershot G9 offers a plethora of shooting modes, a long list of special effects, a red-eye reduction flash mode, and a self-timer. The G9 also includes an SDHC slot for compatibility with all SD/SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, and HC MMC Plus memory cards which can be used to store media. The Canon Powershot G9 was released on October 1, 2007 and has an MSRP of $499.99.
- 12.1 Megapixel image sensor, 4000 x 3000 maximum resolution photos
- Canon DIGIC 3 image processor technology
- 6x optical zoom/ 4x digital zoom with image stabilization software
- 3" Purecolor II VGA LCD Wide-view Preview Screen
- Multiple camera shooting modes, various special camera effects, and red-eye reduction flash mode.
- 10-2 second delay self-timer
- SDHC card slot for storage; compatibility with all SD/SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC MMC Plus Cards
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery NB-2LH; 240 shots with LCD on, 600 shots with LCD off
- Outputs: USB 2.0, NTSC/PAL video out, Monaural video out
- Focal Length: 7.4-44.4mm f/2.8-4.8 (35mm film equivalent: 35-210mm)
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8 (W) - f/4.8 (T)
- Release Date: October 1, 2007
- MSRP: $499.99