The Canon PowerShot A2300 16.0 MP Digital Camera is a point-and-shoot camera that can capture 720p high definition video. It has a 16-megapixel image sensor and a DIGIC 4 image processor. This camera includes additional features like image stabilization and an LCD display screen. It comes with a 28mm wide-angle lens that has a 4x digital zoom and a 5x optical zoom.
- 16.0 MP image sensor, DIGIC 4 image processor, 5x optical zoom, 28mm wide-angle lens
- 720p HD video recording with a dedicated movie button
- Smart AUTO with 32 predefined shooting situations
- Digital IS reduces effect of camera shake and subject movement
- Help button provides simple explanations and easy controls of your settings
- 16 effective megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CCD sensor
- 2.7-inch TFT color LCD with wide-viewing angle
- DIGIC 4 image processor
- 720p HD video with dedicated movie button
- 28mm wide-angle lens (5x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom and 20x combined zoom) with digital image stabilizer
The Smart AUTO feature chooses from 32 pre-set shooting situations based on factors in each image. The Advanced Subject Detection that comes with this feature tracks moving subjects that are not people, such as cars.
This camera can capture 720p high definition video for 25 frames per second, or 640 by 480 VGA video at about 30 frames per second. To record video, you simply press the movie button. Another option is Apple iFrame video, which provides faster importing, video editing and small file sizes.
This camera includes a 16-megapixel image sensor. The resolution makes it easier to edit photos while keeping the image quality.
The DIGIC 4 image processor creates a quick-working camera that doesn't use a lot of battery power. This processor powers features like HD video and continuous shooting.
- Smart AUTO: The camera automatically chooses the settings
- Program: The camera chooses the best aperture and shutter speed
- Live View Control: Provides color and tone enhancements
- Monochrome: This mode offers black-and-white, blue and sepia choices
- Digital IS: The camera fixes blurred images
- Long Shutter: This mode turns moving subjects into creatively-blurred images
- Face Self-timer: The camera will release the shutter when a face is in the frame
- Portrait: This mode creates a blurred background with the subject in focus
- Low Light: This feature creates better-quality photos in low light
- Miniature Effect: This mode makes images look smaller
- Super Vivid: This mode enhances colors
- Poster Effect: This mode changes colors to create contrasts
- Fisheye Effect: This mode makes creatively-distorted images within the camera
- Snow Shoot: This mode creates better images out of snow scenes
- Toy Camera Effect: This mode mimics the effects of toy cameras or pinhole cameras
- Fireworks: This mode is recommended for shots of fireworks
- Discreet Mode: This mode helps the photographer take quiet, subtle photographs by disabling certain settings
- iFrame Movie: This format improves the importing and uploading process for video
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of battery does this camera use?
It uses a rechargeable lithium-ion battery (NB-11L).
Does this camera have an autoexposure lock ("AE-L")?
Yes, this camera does have an autoexposure lock. You can learn more about it in the PDF manual.
What type of SD card can I use with this camera?
You can use any Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card that holds up to 32GB of space.
Is a USB cable included with this camera? Does it come with a CD?
Yes, a USB cable is included to connect the camera to a computer. It also comes with a CD to enable you to download a program to your computer for use with the camera. The program will allow you to download pictures from the camera, edit them and save them.
Around how many pictures can I save on an 8GB camera card?
You can save about 10,000 5-megapixel images.
Add New FAQ
DC in Jack
- Memory Card Type SDXC, SDHC, SD
- LCD Screen Size 2.7 inches
- Sensor Type CCD
- Optical Zoom 5 x
- Megapixels 16.6 MP
Add New Resource