The Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II Telephoto Zoom Lens is designed for zooming in to capture distance shots. It has image stabilization, a UD lens element and numerous additional features. This lens has a range from 55 to 250mm and has a maximum aperture of 4.0 to 5.6. It was designed to be light, small and affordable.
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 55-250mm F/4-5.6
- 12 elements In 10 groups, including one UD-glass element
- Focus adjustment: DC motor, gear-driven (front focusing design)
- Closest focusing distance: 3.6 Ft./1.1m
Frequently Asked Questions
Will this Canon lens work on the Rebel EOS T3?
Do the IS and IS II versions differ in quality?
The IS II has better image stabilization than the IS.
Does this lens require a hood?
It does provide extra bump protection.
Will this lens work on a Canon 6D digital camera?
It is designed to work with all Canon digital EOS cameras.
Will this lens work on the Cannon EOS M that has an adapter?
Add New FAQ
- Filter size 58mm
- Closest focusing distance 3.6 feet (0.31x maximum close-up magnification)
- Focus adjustment DC motor, gear-driven (front focusing design)
- Diagonal angle of view 27 degrees (at 50 feet) to 6 degrees (at 15 feet), with APS-C image sensors
- Lens construction 12 elements in 10 groups, including one UD-glass element
- Maximum aperture f/4 to f/5.6
- Focal length 55-250mm
Add New Resource