The Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM is a wide-angle to tele coverage lens built to mount on the Canon EOS 20D and Digital Rebel. Zoom range is equivalent to going from a 28 mm to 135 mm focal range, and the non-rotating front element works with the inner focusing system to ensure that focal length does not change during the focusing process. Image Stabilization within the lens accounts for some movement, allowing speeds up to three stops lower without distortion of the image. The ring-type USM offers fast and silent autofocusing, and the manual focus is available even when auto-focus is on. Close focusing is possible up to 1.15 feet from the subject, at which point a 3 x 4.4 inch object will fill the frame. The aperture design is circular, allowing natural highlights from the background.
- EF-S lens mount for EOS 20D and Digital Rebel bodies
- Compact, lightweight design
- 5x zoom ratio - 28 - 135mm equivalent
- Image Stabilization
- Circular aperture design
- Non-rotating front element
- Focal Length: 17 - 85mm
- Maximum Aperture: 1:4-5.6
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 12 groups
- Focus Adjustment: Inner focusing system, with focusing cam
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.35m - 1.15 ft.
- Zoom System: Ring USM
- Filter Size: 67mm