The Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS USM is a top-of-the-line super telephoto lens ideal for wildlife and nature photography. Its inner focusing system with USM provides ultra-fast and precise auto focus while its fluorite element and two UD glass elements ensure optimal image quality. Additionally, the EF 500mm f/4L IS USM features a magnesium alloy lens barrel.
The EF 500mm f/4L IS USM's inner focusing system features an Ultra Sonic Motor which provides extremely fast, virtually silent auto focusing as well as full manual focus for precise adjustments. Its fluorite element and two UD glass elements provide the EF 500mm f/4L IS USM with extremely clear, high-quality images as they greatly reduce chromatic aberrations which can commonly occur with telephoto lenses. Meanwhile, the EF 500mm f/4L IS USM's magnesium alloy lens barrel is durable yet lightweight, making it well-suited for outdoor use.
- Diagonal Angle of View: 5°
- Lens Construction (elements/groups): 17/13
- Closest Focusing Distance (m): 4.5
- Focus adjustment: Inner focusing system with USM
- Filter Diameter (mm): 52 Rear Drop-in
- Fluorite element and two UD glass elements
- Magnesium alloy lens barrel