The Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS USM is a high-end camera lens and is the worlds first super telephoto lens incorporating "Multi-Layer Diffractive Optical (DO) Element" technology. This multi-layer DO lens provides the EF 400mm f/4 DO IS USM with extremely clear image quality in a smaller package than similar technologies. Additionally, the EF 400mm f/4 DO IS USM features the extremely fast USM inner focusing system and a water-resistant construction.
The EF 400mm f/4 DO IS USM's multi-layer DO lens provides the same enhanced image clarity as fluorite and aspherical lenses by eliminating chromatic aberrations while also boasting greatly reduced space requirements. Its USM inner focusing system provides the EF 400mm f/4 DO IS USM with some of the fastest autofocusing in the world due to the USM drive's advanced focusing algorithm. Meanwhile, the EF 400mm f/4 DO IS USM boasts a dust- and water-resistant construction for use in more extreme conditions.
- The world's first multi-layer DO element for telephoto lens
- Focus adjustment: Inner focusing system with USM
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 13 groups
- Image Stabilization for equivalent effect of a shutter speed of two stops faster
- Highly resistant against dust and moisture
- Closest focusing distance: 3.5m / 11.5 ft.
- Max. diameter x length, weight: 5.0" x 9.2", 4.3 lbs. / 128.0 x 232.7mm, 1940g