The Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM is a top-of-the-line professional camera lens best suited for track and field sports as well as low-light nature and wildlife photography. Its fluorite and UD lenses help to ensure optimal picture while its inner focusing system with USM provides extremely fast autofocusing. Additionally, the EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM's magnesium build ensures lightness and durability.
The EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM features a single fluorite lens and dual UD lenses which work together to eliminate secondary spectrum chromatic aberrations, resulting in ultra-high contrast and image quality. Its inner focusing system features a USM drive with an advanced autofocusing algorithm which provides the EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM with the fastest autofocusing in the world when use with Canon's EOS-1v and EOS-3 cameras. Meanwhile, the EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM's magnesium build provides lightweight durability while its dust-proof and moisture-proof seals allow it to be used in more extreme weather conditions.
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 400mm 1:2.8
- Lens Construction (elements/groups): 17/13
- Diagonal Angle of View: 6°10'
- Focus adjustment: Inner focusing system with USM
- Closest Focusing Distance (m): 3
- Filter Diameter (mm): 52 Rear Drop-in
- Fluorite and UD lenses eliminate chromatic aberrations
- Magnesium build and water-proof/dust-proof seals