The Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM is a high-end telephoto camera lens designed for professional photographers. Its fluorite element and two UD glass elements ensure greater image quality while its Image Stabilizer makes hand held shooting much easier. Additionally, the EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM's magnesium-alloy construction makes it lightweight and durable.
The EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM's fluorite element and UD glass elements greatly reduce chromatic aberrations which are common in telephoto lenses, resulting in clear, high-quality images. Its Image Stabilizer provides the EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM with clearer hand-held shooting as it adjusts for slight hand movements. Meanwhile, the EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM's magnesium-alloy lens barrel is durable yet lightweight for easier shooting.
- Ultra-high image quality through new optical designs with Fluorite and UD Glass
- High-performance L-series super-telephoto lens series with built-in dual-mode Image Stabilizer (IS) function
- World's highest AF speed with improved Ring USM (Ultrasonic Motor) and new algorithms for focus prediction with moving subjects
- Magnesium alloy lens barrels for reduced weight & rugged reliability
- Lens construction: 17 elements in 13 groups
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 300mm 1:2.8
- Closest focusing distance: 2.5m / 8.2 ft.