The Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 is a mid-range wide angle camera lens similar to the Canon EF 24mm f/2.8. The major difference between the two lenses (besides the obvious focal length difference of 4mm) is that the EF 28mm f/2.8 features a high-precision aspherical lens to correct for aberrations. Otherwise, the two lenses sport the same rear lens focusing system and f/2.8 focal ratio.
The EF 28mm f/2.8's high-precision aspherical lens provides clearer, sharper images as it minimizes distortion and other aberrations. Its rear lens focusing system provides the EF 28mm f/2.8 with excellent linear distortion correction as well as easy and precise manual focus adjustment. Additionally, the EF 28mm f/2.8's f/2.8 focal ratio provides excellent performance in low light and with fine-grain film.
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 28mm 1:2.8
- Lens construction: 5 elements in 5 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 75 degrees
- High-precision aspherical lens
- Close focusing distance: 1 foot
- Filter size: 52mm
- Dimensions: 2.7 inches in diameter and 1.7 inches long
- Weight: 6.5 ounces