The Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 is a mid-range wide-angle lens meant more for the photography enthusiast. Its rear focusing system with AFD allows for easier operation of the polarizing filters than inner and front focusing systems as well as precise adjustments for excellent focus even at close distances while its f/2.8 aperture makes it easy to use in low lighting conditions.
The EF 24mm f/2.8's rear focusing system with AFD offer superior correction over linear distortion while allowing for easier adjustment than front or inner focusing systems as well as a smaller minimum focusing distance of 25cm. Additionally, the EF 24mm f/2.8's f/2.8 aperture allows more light in than lenses with smaller apertures for superior low-light and fine-grain film performance.
- Lens construction: 10 elements in 10 groups
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 24mm 1:2.8
- Diagonal angle of view: 84°
- Focus adjustment: Rear focusing system with AFD
- Closest focusing distance: 0.25m / 0.8ft
- Filter size: 58mm
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 2.7" x 1.9", 9.5 oz. / 67.5 x 48.5mm, 270g