The Canon EF 100mm f/2 USM is a standard and medium telephoto lens suitable for low light conditions. It is similar to the Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM in construction and size, but has a longer focal length and a maximum aperture of f/2.0. The longer 100mm focal length makes it well suited to capture subjects at a distance, and the wide aperture enables reliable image quality in low light conditions. A circular aperture is used, allowing the lens to keep a narrow field of view and give backgrounds a natural blur behind the subject. The rear focusing USM autofocuses the lens quickly and quietly without needing to extend the lens itself. This system also enables the use of 58mm filters, which won't be rotated as focus is adjusted.
- Standard and Medium telephoto lens
- Compact size
- Rear focusing
- Focal Length: 100mm
- Maximum Aperture: 1:2.0
- Lens Construction: 8 elements in 6 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 24 deg
- Focus Adjustment: Rear focusing system with USM
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.9m / 3 ft.
- Filter Size: 58mm
- Max Diameter x Length: 3.0 in x 2.9 in, 75.0 x 73.5 mm
- Weight: 1.0 lbs, 460 g