Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM is a macro lens that incorporates mid-telephoto elements. This is one of the few Canon macro lenses to incorporate Image Stabilization, allowing extreme close-up photography without as much of a need for a tripod. An inner focusing system is controlled with USM, allowing fast and silent autofocus to work with a full-time manual focus as needed. This combination allows the quick selection of a subject with manual focus, and rapid fine-tuning through the automatic system. The lens has a larger design profile with a 123 mm length, and weighs 625 g.
- Mid-telephoto macro lens
- Image stabilization
- Focal Length: 100 mm
- Maximum Aperture: 1:2.8
- Lens Construction: 15 elements in 12 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 23.4 deg
- Focus Adjustment: Inner focusing system with USM. Full-time manual focus available.
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.99 ft./0.3m (maximum close-up magnification: 1x)
- Filter Size: 67mm
- Max. Diameter x Length: 3.1 x 4.8 in, 77.7 x 123 mm
- Weight: 22.0 oz, 625 g