The CC Skywave opens up a marvelous world of radio at home or when traveling. It has an intuitive layout so it is easy to use and has fantastic overall performance. Worldwide Shortwave coverage from 2.3-26.1 MHz. NOAA weather radio with alert so you can be warned of local weather advisories. Aviation/Airband allows you to listen in on nearby traffic controllers.
Ideal size for stashing in an interior crevice of any carry on.
- Small Lightweight Portable AM/FM/Shortwave/Weather/Airband Travel Clock Radio With Alarm
- Lighted LCD Display, Rotary Volume Knob, Stereo Headphone Jack, Sleep Timer
- 400 Memory Presets, Direct Entry Keypad, Autoscan Tuning, Signal Meter
- Runs approx. 60-70 hrs. at moderate volume on (2) AA batteries (not included) or can be powered by an optional AC adapter
- It is as simple as having the Skywave scan for an active frequency. The best one is usually the approach frequency used for planes that are landing. You can also search the web for "air traffic control radio Seattle" for example, to find information and to learn more about aviation radio.
- If you live next to a smaller airport you could ask a local pilot for the frequency or look up "common traffic advisory frequency" plus the airport name. English is the standard language used in aviation at all airports worldwide.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I use the ac adapter will it recharge the AA cells or only power the radio?
It will power the radio and recharge AA batteries if they were designed to be recharged.
How is the sound? Is it easy to pin point a station?
The FM quality and sound rate five stars. It is clear with volumes high or low. You can pin point a station dead on with much clarity. It is a quality radio.
Does radio come with AC adapter or is that extra?
The adapter is NOT included.
Add New FAQ
- Display Type LCD
- Batteries 2 AA batteries required.
- Origin China