Bushnell H2O 8x42mm are mid-range standard-sized binoculars similar to the Bushnell H2O 8x 42mm binoculars. Although very similar in a number of aspects, the 8x42s and 8x 42s differ in prism systems, resulting in two very different pairs of binoculars. The 8x42s feature a porro prism system which allows for greater depth perception and a wider field-of-view than the 8x 42s' roof prism system which allows for a slimmer form and greater durability. Otherwise, the two sets of binoculars sport the same basic features, including multi-coated optics and 100% water resistance.
The 8x42s' porro prism system refers to a front lens that is offset from the eyepiece (as opposed to lined up squarely with it as in a roof system), resulting in improved depth perception and field-of-view but less durability than roof binoculars. Their multi-coated optics provide the 8x42s with glare reduction and superior light transmission over uncoated lenses for an overall brighter image. Additionally, the 8x42s are 100% water resistant thanks to an O-ring seal and nitrogen purging, allowing for optimal performance in wet conditions.
- 100% waterproof: O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged
- BaK-4 prisms for greater brightness and clarity
- Multi-coated optics for improved light transmission
- Non-slip rubber armor absorbs shock while providing a firm grip
- Porro prism system for greater depth perception
- Large center focus knob for easy, precise adjustments
- 8x magnification and 42mm objective diameter