Bushnell H2O 12x42mm are mid-range standard-sized binoculars similar to the Bushnell H2O 10x42mm binoculars. As the names suggest, the 12x42s offer greater magnification than the 10x42s (12x magnification vs 10x). However, greater magnification results in more exaggerated movement from shaky hands or other slight movement. Otherwise, the 12x42s offer the same features as the 10x42s, namely: a porro prism system, multi-coated optics and being 100% waterproof.
The 12x42s' porro prism system offers greater depth perception and a wider field-of-view than roof prism systems at the cost of the streamlined design that roof prism systems offer by way of the front lens being offset from the eyepiece. Their multi-coated optics provide the 12x42s with greater light transmission and reduced glare for a clearer, brighter image. Additionally, the 12x42s are O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged for binoculars that can handle even the wettest conditions without resulting in internal damage.
- 100% waterproof: O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged
- BaK-4 prisms for greater brightness and clarity
- Multi-coated optics for improved light transmission
- Non-slip rubber armor absorbs shock while providing a firm grip
- Porro prism system provides a wider field-of-view
- Large center focus knob for easy, precise adjustments
- 12x magnification and 42mm objective diameter