The HL-2280DW is a versatile monochrome laser printer that features fast printing at up to 27ppm, as well as convenience copying and color scanning capabilities. It includes built-in wireless and Ethernet network interfaces for small office or home office printer sharing. The HL-2280DW also provides automatic duplex for producing for two-sided output as well as flexible paper handling via an adjustable, 250-sheet capacity tray and a manual by-pass slot for printing thicker media. In addition, the printer's stylish, space-saving design fits virtually anywhere. Affordable to own and operate, the HL-2280DW uses a high-yield replacement toner cartridge to help reduce your operating costs, and a Toner Save mode for printing less critical business documents.
The built-in wireless 802.11b/g and Ethernet interfaces to share with others on your network. Eliminate extra cables and conveniently place your printer with wireless networking or connect locally to a single computer via its USB interface. Use the document glass for convenience copying or high-quality color scanning. Offers an up a 19200 x 19200 dpi (interpolated) resolution and a variety of "scan-to" features. Users with wireless access points that support Wi-Fi Protected Setup or AOSS can automatically configure their wireless settings by simply pressing a button on their router.
Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6. Paper Handling Size - Manual Feed Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, Envelopes, Custom Sizes (3.0-8.5 inch (w), 4.57-14 inch (l)).What’s in the box: Brother HL-2280DW Laser Printer With Wireless Networking And Duplex, Starter Toner Cartridge (~ 700 pages), DR420 Drum Unit, Installation CD-ROM, AC Power Cord, Quick Setup Guide, Basic User's Guide, 1 Year Limited Warranty. Note:USB, Ethernet Cables Not Include.
- Prints up to 27ppm
- Up to 2400 x 600 dpi resolution
- Automatic duplex printing for two-sided documents
- Adjustable, 250-sheet capacity paper tray for letter or legal size paper
- Manual feed slot for thicker media
- Toner Save mode for less critical business documents
- 32 MB memory
- Wireless 802.11b/g, Ethernet, and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
- Convenient flatbed document glass for stand-alone copying
- Copy reduction or enlargement
- Multi-copying, up to 99 copies
- High-quality color scanning
- Scan to functions for e-mail, file, image, and OCR
The Brother HL-2280DWcompact, monochrome laser printer includes built-in wireless and Ethernet network interfaces for small office or home office printer sharing. Offering a fast print speed and automatic duplex capability, you can print professional-looking two-sided documents and booklets with ease. In addition, it features a flatbed document glass for convenient copying and color scanning. Plus, an optional high-yield replacement toner cartridge±is available to help reduce your operating costs.
Enjoy the convenience of producing high-quality documents right from your desktop or small office. With a print speed of up to 27ppm, you can stop wasting time and move on to other pressing tasks. Print high-quality output at up to 2400 x 600 dpi for professional reports, spreadsheets, correspondence or other important business documents. Use the automatic duplex printing feature to create professional two-sided documents, brochures and booklets. This feature helps you save paper and reduce costs by cutting paper usage in half.
Use the document glass for convenience copying or high-quality color scanning. Its advanced capabilities allow you to scan documents to a file, image, OCR, or e-mail. The HL-2280DW also offers stand-alone copying, and the ability to reduce/enlarge documents from 25-400 percent.
Share with others on your network via built-in wireless 802.11b/g or Ethernet interfaces. Eliminate extra cables and conveniently place your printer with wireless networking or connect locally to a single user via its Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface. Users with wireless access points that support Wi-Fi Protected Setup or AOSS can automatically configure their wireless settings by simply pressing a button on their router. Print from your mobile device via Cortado Workplace*, a FREE printing app that enables you to store and wirelessly print documents from your Apple, Android, or Blackberry mobile device.
The HL-2280DW can meet all of your printing needs via an adjustable, 250-sheet capacity paper tray1 that handles letter or legal size paper and a manual feed slot for printing envelopes and letterhead. In addition, a straight through paper path via the manual feed slot ensures your letterhead and envelopes always look their best.
In addition to being affordable to purchase, the HL-2280DW uses both standard and high-yield replacement toner cartridges. Using the high-yield 2,600-page2 toner cartridge (TN-450) can help lower your operating costs. In addition, help save money by using Toner Save Mode for your less critical business documents.
- Print Technology:Electrophotographic Laser
- Time to First Page: < 8.5 seconds
- Processor: 200MHz
- Printer Emulations: GDI, PCL6
- Resident Fonts: PCL: 66 scalable fonts, 12 bitmap, 13 bar codes
- Standard Interfaces: Wireless 802.11b/g, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
Printer Drivers: Windows 7 / Windows Vista / XP / XP Professional x64 / 2000 / Server 2003 / 2008
Mac OS X 10.4.11, 10.5.x, 10.6.x
Linux: Red Hat (32), Fedora 10 (32), OpenSuSe 11.1 (32), Debian 5.03 (32), Ubuntu 9.04 (64)
- Print Settings: Toner Save, N-in-1 Printing, Watermark, Poster Printing, ID Print, Custom Print Profiles, Booklet Printing
- Other Software: Driver Deployment Wizard, Document Viewer Software: ScanSoft PaperPort SE with OCR by NUANCE Software for Windows, and Presto! PageManager 9 for Mac
- Network Compatibility: TCP/IP (IPv4/IPv6), Apple Simple Network Configuration
- Network Management Tools:BRAdmin Light, Web-based Management, BRAdmin Pro3, Web-BRAdmin
- Wireless Network Security: WEP 64/128 bit, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED: Yes
- One-Push Wireless Configurations:Wi-Fi Protected Setup, AOSS
- Display (LCD): Two lines, 16 characters with backlit
- Power Consumption (avg.):Printing: 445W / Ready: 55W / Sleep: 1W / Sleep WLAN On: 2.8W
- Unit Dimensions: 15.9 inches x 15.7 inches x 10.6 inches
- Carton Dimensions: 20.7 inches x 20.1 inches x 17.3 inches
- Unit Weight / Carton Weight: 22.7 lbs. / 27.8 lbs
Frequently Asked Questions
Sleep on wifi: Can anyone verify this one doesn't have any issues with sleeping on wifi?
I've set my HL-2280DW to sleep after 1 minute. Because I've set it up for wireless, it cannot go to "deep sleep" mode for the reason Stargatemaster96 cited. However, sleep mode (not "deep sleep") is supported with wireless. What's the difference? The manual says the printer uses an average of 445 watts when it's copying, 55 watts when it's on and ready to print or copy, 2.8 watts when it's sleeping with wireless on, and 1 watt when in "deep sleep" mode with wireless off.
The toner cartridge is included?
Yes, but it is not a "full" cartridge. Brother's claim is it is only good for 700 sheets. We replaced ours at under 400 sheets.
Yes, there is a single sheet feed slot in the front of the printer. You narrow the guides to the envelope width and it feeds when you hit print. You do have to have a program that you can set up an envelope in like MS word or some specialty address database that's meant to print envelopes. Also, 9 times out of 10 it leaves a few wrinkles in the envelope from going through the rollers, but it's not bad.
Add New FAQ
Automatic Duplex Printing
- Bypass / Multi-purpose tray (maximum pages) Single-sheet
- Input Paper Capacity (standard / maximum) 250 sheets / 250 sheets
- Memory (standard / maximum) 32 MB / 32 MB
- Print Resolution (maximum dpi) 2400 x 600
- Maximum Print Speed 27ppm