The Brother MFC-9840CDW is a high end multifunction color laser printer, copier, scanner, and fax machine with wired and wireless network capabilities. It is not cheap especially when compared with the rest of the Brotehr MFC printer series, but it's a worth while investment considering its features and quality. Critics noted that setting up this piece was easy, especially the ethernet and usb connection. Setting up wire-less is a litter trickier, but with the help of the user manual can be done without a problem. Its control panel is pretty usable, were three large buttons let users chose between fax, copy and scan. It also has the important duplex feature (nothing groundbreaking since cheaper MFC models have it such as the $693 Brother MFC-9450CDN). This machine was impressive inits performance with reviewers tests with respect to text quality, image printing, and scanning. The copying test didn't fare as well, but was still rated good. This unit offers a couple benefits that the cheaper (and more recently released) $693 Brother MFC-9450CDN doesn't offer, including Wireless 802.11b/g networking, and a larger ADF tray (50 sheets vs. a smaller 35 sheet capacity).
- Multi-function device offers laser printing, copying, faxing, and scanning
- Built-in wireless 802.11b/g and wired Ethernet connections for easy networking
- Prints at maximum 21 ppm in black and white and color
- Scans at optical resolution of 1200 x 2400 dpi at 48-bit color depth
- Measures 20.9 x 20.5 x 21 inches (WxHxD)
- Wi-fi, ethernet and usb 2.0 enabled
- direct printing with pictBridge enabled cameras