The Brother MFC-7440N is an all in one laser center that scans, prints, copies, and faxes. This model has been praised for its small size, accurate character recognition while scanning, fast text printing, low cost per page, and decent quality for black and white scans. It has been criticized for its poor quality in graphics print, bad look, cramped paper output tray, slow scanning speed, and less than average amount of internal memory. Compared to other multifunction inkjet printers, this one does print documents at a higher speed, but at the expense of output quality. The LCD isn't backlit, making it hard to read in low lit areas. The cost of each page print is about 3 cents a page, which is pretty low compared with average laser printers, but standalone laser printers do the job for just 2 cents a page. This piece competes with the Canon ImageClass MF4270, a full-feature $299 All-in-One and the Dell 1125, another $250 multifunction monolaser.
- Print Technology: B/W Laser Technology
- Consumable Type: Toner Cartridge & Drum Unit
- Max. Black Print Speed: 23ppm Black
- Print Resolution: Up to 2400 x 600 dpi
- Standard Input Paper Capacity: 250-Sheet Input Capacity
- Standard Interface: USB & Ethernet Interfaces
- Standard Memory: 32MB Memory