Bridgestone's Potenza RE050A Pole Position tire is intended for performance vehicles and track racing. It is optimized for dry handling, but also offers decent grip in wet conditions, due to grooves and special 3-dimensional block shapes that evacuate water. The tread has a combination of block and slick regions, which improves traction and braking, and the blocks have high stiffness to improve cornering. The central rib is also semi-slick, which gives responsive handling. The overall emphasis is on handling, speed rating and cornering, with resistance to hydroplaning.
- Circumferential grooves and 3D blocks remove water
- Stiff lateral blocks improve cornering
- Semi-slick central rib improves handling
- Block and slick combination
- Solid central rib gives straightaway stability
- Stabilized, large shoulder blocks improve cornering
- Targets performance vehicle owners/track racers