Bridgestone's Blizzak LM-25 is a mid-range tire intended for use on SUVs and light trucks during the winter months. It has similar features to the other Blizzak models, like zig-zag sipes and treads that improve traction by giving an increased number of biting edges, and wide, straight grooves that help to evacuate snow and water. The lateral sipes are 3-dimensional, which improves dry-road traction but still evacuating water and snow when necessary. Unique to this model is a block shaped like a lens, which reduces the risk of hydroplaning. A silica compound is added to the rubber to increase tread flexibility and improve braking in wet conditions. Also, this model is a run-flat tire, reducing deflation in the event of a puncture.
- Intended for winter use
- For light trucks and SUVs
- Wide, straight grooves evacuate water
- Zig-zag pattern provides large biting surface area
- 3-D sipes improve dry performance
- Lens-shaped block resists hydroplaning
- Silica additive improves wet performance and helps braking