The Bowers and Wilkins CCM 816 model is a mid-grade speaker unit designed specifically to be mounted in-ceiling. The CCM 816 uses the same Kevlar bass/mid-range driver unit as B&W's additional 800 series model speaker units; the Kevlar driver unit is described by B&W to be "punchy" and is based on use for home theater or 2-channel applications. The CCM 816 speaker unit is fully equipped with one 6.5" (165mm) woven Kevlar cone for bass/midrange sound and a single 1" tube-loaded aluminum dome tweeter for high frequencies; both drivers are designed with B&W optimum listening axis technology to ensure better quality sound (see features section below for description).
The B&W CCM 816 includes additional features such as the aforementioned 28 degree optimum axis of both driver units which face towards the user's listening area, a unique blue woven body color for the Kevlar cone/bass driver, a frequency response rate of 49Hz-22KHz, a nominal impedance rating of 8 ohms, a 9" total body diameter, and a semi-white matte plastic edge encasing which can be painted to a custom matching ceiling color.
The B&W CCM 816 speaker unit was designed to mimic the specifications and body format of the similar B&W CCM 818 speaker. The 818 offers a larger driver unit (8") but includes the same basic specifications and delivers what B&W claims to be the same quality sound as the CCM 816.
Note: The quoted MSRP is for a single speaker unit; a pair sells for double the MSRP of one speaker.
- Mid-grade in-ceiling speaker unit
- Unique blue woven Kevlar bass/midrange driver
- 28 degree optimum listening axis for both driver units
- Semi-white edge encasing which can be custom painted to match ceiling color
- Designed to mimic the B&W CCM 818 speaker
- Driver Units
- 1 x 1" (25mm) black anodised and tube-loaded aluminum dome tweeter
- 1 x 6.5" (165mm) woven Kevlar cone bass/midrange
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 45Hz and 45kHz
- Frequency Response: 49Hz-22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Sensitivity: 88dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Nominal Impedance: 8? (minimum 4.7?)
- Crossover Frequency: 3.5kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 150W continuous into 8? on unclipped programme
- Body Finish: Semi-matte white suitable for customising or pre-painting
- Frame Size/ Diameter: 228mm (9in)
- Weight: 4lb (2.7kg)
Add New Resource