The Bowers and Wilkins CCM 80 model is a mid-grade speaker unit designed specifically to be mounted in-ceiling or in-wall. The CCM 80 is designed to mimic B&W 800 series model units both in performance and body design; however the CCM 80 is meant to be used with small audio systems and/or in smaller rooms where users have limited space unlike the higher end model units which are meant for much larger sound applications. The CCM 80 speaker unit is fully equipped with one 8" (200mm) cone for bass/midrange sound and a single 1" metal dome tweeter for high frequencies.
It is worth mentioning that the metal dome tweeter is equipped with a treble contour switch to allow the user full control over high frequency levels and it also includes integrated housing pivots for fully customizable off-axis treble response. The B&W CCM 65 and 50 models also include these tweeter features.
The B&W CCM 80 includes additional features such as swing out dog fixings for easier mounting options, a unique wicker body color for the cone/bass driver, a frequency response rate of 40Hz-20KHz, a nominal impedance rating of 8 ohms, an 11" total body diameter, an included pre-mount kit specifically designed for this model speaker (PMK-C80), and a semi-white matte plastic edge encasing which can be painted to a custom matching ceiling color (paint mask included).
Note: The quoted MSRP is for a single speaker unit; a pair sells for double the MSRP of one speaker.
- Mid-grade in-ceiling speaker unit
- Meant for small audio system or small environment applications
- Unique bass/midrange driver with wicker body color
- Swing out dog frame fixings for easier mounting
- Tweeter equipped with treble countour switch and integrated housing pivots
- Semi-white edge encasing which can be custom painted to match ceiling color
- Includes pre-mount kit (PMK-C80)
- Designed to mimic the B&W CCM 800 speaker body design and performance ratings
- Driver Units
- 1 x 1" (25mm) metal dome tweeter
- 1 x 8" (200mm) woven Kevlar cone bass/midrange
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 35Hz and 30kHz
- Frequency Response: 40Hz-20kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Sensitivity: 90dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms (minimum 3.0 Ohms)
- Crossover Frequency: 3.5kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-150W continuous into 8 Ohms on unclipped programme
- Body Finish: Semi-matte white suitable for customising or pre-painting (paint mask included)
- Frame Size/ Diameter: 11" (280mm)
- Weight: 4.8lb (2.2kg)
- Cut-out Size: (Diameter) 10" (254mm)
- Minimum Depth Required: 4.0" (100mm) from ceiling surface