The Bowers and Wilkins CCM 636 model speaker is a mid-grade speaker unit designed to be mounted flush in-ceiling, however it can also be used for wall applications; when installed correctly the unit is barely visible. Much like the 618, and 628 models the CCM 636 borrows the same two-way single channel sound mechanics and offset tweeter angle design. The 636 has also adopted the suspended (swing-out) fixings of lower end models to provide easier installation options. The CCM 636 includes a 6.5" (165mm) fiberglass mid/ bass driver and a single 1" (25mm) dome tweeter.
Bowers and Wilkins recommends the CCM 636 model to be used as a center application in the main room of focus; such as a living area or entertainment room.
The CCM 636 includes additional features such as a fully adjustable tweeter offset angle for increased sound direction, a three position equalizer switch for added customization, a frequency response range of 50Hz-22kHz, a 130W continuous total power handling capacity, a semi-white matte exterior frame finish which can be custom painted to match any ceiling or wall color, and a mounting kit designed specifically for this model unit (PMK c65).
It should be noted that both the previous CCM 618 and 628 models include larger driver units than this particular model.
- Mid-grade in-ceiling/ in-wall speaker unit
- Mounted flush and barely visible when installed correctly
- Two-way single channel stereo sound output
- Fiberglass mid/bass and tweeter drivers
- Fully adjustable offset angle for tweeter
- Integrated three setting equalizer switch
- 130W continuous total power handling capacity
- Semi-white matte frame allows custom painting (paint mask included)
- Custom mounting kit (PMK c65)
- Driver Units
- 1 x 1in (25mm) dome tweeter
- 1 x 6.5in(165mm) fiberglass driver
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 40Hz and 30kHz
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-22kHz
- Sensitivity: 89dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 3.2kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20W-130W continuous
- Frame Size (diameter): 9.1" (232mm)
- Cut-out Size (diameter): 8.1" (205mm)
- Minimum Depth Required: 4.1 (103mm) from mounting surface
- Weight: 3.3lb (1.5kg)
Add New Resource