The Bowers and Wilkins CCM 616 model is a low end speaker unit designed specifically to be mounted flush in-ceiling or in-wall; when installed properly the CCM series speakers are barely visible. The CCM 616, much like the other 600 series models, is meant to provide two-way dual channel stereo sound in a single speaker unit; most lower quality speaker units sacrifice an audio channel due to compact sizing. The CCM 616 speaker unit is fully equipped with one 6.5" (165mm) glass cone for bass/midrange sound and two 1" coaxial tweeters for high frequency sound.
Bowers and Wilkins claims the CCM 616 model would be "perfect" for outer (extra) room applications such as a bathroom, kitchen, or office.
The B&W CCM 616 features suspended (swing-out) fixings for easier installation options, a frequency response rate of 50Hz-20KHz, a total power handling range of 130W continuous, a nominal impedance rating of 8 ohms, a 9.1" total body diameter, a unique pre-mount kit made specifically for this unit (PMK-c65), and a semi-white matte plastic edge encasing which can be painted to a custom matching ceiling color (paint mask included).
- Low-end in-ceiling/ in-wall speaker unit
- Designed to be installed flush against wall/ceiling
- Two-way Dual channel stereo sound
- Total power handling 130W continuous
- Unique woven glass bass/midrange driver
- Custom pre-mount kit (PMK-c65)
- Semi-white edge encasing which can be custom painted to match ceiling color
- Driver Units
- 1" (25mm) tweeter
- 1 x 6.5" (165mm) fiberglass cone bass/midrange
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 40Hz and 22kHz
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-20kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Sensitivity: 89dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms (minimum 3.0 Ohms)
- Crossover Frequency: 3.2kHz
- Maximum Amplifier Power: 20-130W continuous into 8 Ohms on unclipped programme
- Body Finish: Semi-matte white suitable for customizing (paint mask included)
- Frame Size/ Diameter: 9.1" (232mm)
- Weight: 3.5lb (1.4kg)
- Cut-out Size: (Diameter) 8.1" (205mm)