The Bowers and Wilkins CCM 50 model is a low-end speaker unit designed specifically to be mounted in-ceiling. The CCM 50 is designed with B&W's unique bass-midrange driver units similar to the B&W 800 series models; however the CCM 50 is meant to be used with small audio systems and in smaller rooms where users have limited space. The CCM 50 speaker unit is fully equipped with one 5" (130mm) cone for bass/midrange sound and a single 1" tweeter for high frequencies.
The B&W CCM 50 includes additional features such as suspended fixings for easier mounting options, a unique wicker body color for the cone/bass driver, a frequency response rate of 55Hz-20KHz, a nominal impedance rating of 8 ohms, an 7.9" total body diameter, an included pre-mount kit specifically designed for this model speaker (PMK-C50), and a semi-white matte plastic edge encasing which can be painted to a custom matching ceiling color (paint mask included).
Note: The quoted MSRP is for a single speaker unit; a pair sells for double the MSRP of one speaker.
- Low-end in-ceiling speaker unit
- Designed to mimic higher end B&W 800 series models in body design and performance ratings
- Meant for use with small audio systems
- Unique wicker body color for bass/midrange driver
- Suspended frame fixings for easier mounting
- Semi-white edge encasing which can be custom painted to match ceiling color
- Includes pre-mount kit (PMK-C50)
- Driver Units
- 1 x 1" (25mm) Ultra 12 tweeter
- 1 x 5" (130mm) woven Kevlar cone bass/midrange
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 50Hz and 22kHz
- Frequency Response: 55Hz-20kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Sensitivity: 88dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms (minimum 3.5 Ohms)
- Crossover Frequency: 3.5kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-100W continuous into 8 Ohms on unclipped programme
- Body Finish: Semi-matte white suitable for customising or pre-painting (paint mask included)
- Frame Size/ Diameter: 7.9" (201mm)
- Weight: 3.4lb (1.5kg)
- Cut-out Size: (Diameter) 6.9" (175mm)
- Minimum Depth Required: 3.1" (80mm) from ceiling surface