The JBL ES30 is a 3-way bookshelf loudspeaker that sports a 6” proprietary PolyPlas shielded low-frequency subwoofer and one ¾” titanium-laminate tweeter mounted in Elliptical Oblate Spheriodal waveguides for improved high-frequency dispersion anywhere in the room. The second bookshelf speaker in the JBL ES series, the ES30 is in fact an upgrade from the ES20. It sports a larger subwoofer (6” versus 5” and offers a wider frequency response (50Hz-40kHz versus 65Hz-40kHz), an improved sensitivity (88dB versus 86dB), and a superior crossover frequency (3300Hz versus 3000Hz). The JBL ES30, however, maintains the ES20’s ultra-high frequency (up to 40kHz), not to mention its super-elegant cabinet design with a slender profile built from a wood-like and textured high-quality vinyl. The JBL ES30 also comes equipped with a bass-reflex port for extended bass responses, EOS waveguides that evenly disperse high frequencies to deliver a more accurate imaging, a straight-line signal path crossover network that preserves clarity and detail, and cellulose-fiber cones reinforced with a Polmer coating for a “uniform pistonic motion” and results in no internal resonance and a more precise base. Available in either black, bleech, or cherry, the JBL ES30 is priced at $299.99, a $100 increase from the inferior 5” JBL ES20.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz – 40kHz (–6dB)
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power: 125 Watts
- Power Handling (Continuous/Peak): 70 Watts/280 Watts
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 88dB
- Crossover Frequencies: 3000Hz – 24dB/octave; 9000Hz – 18dB/octave
- Low-Frequency Transducers: 6” (170mm) PolyPlas; shielded, EOS waveguide
- High-Frequency Transducer: 3/4" (19mm) Titanium-laminate dome, shielded, EOS waveguide
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 15-1/4" x 8-3/4" x 13"
- Weight: 19.6 lb (8.9kg)