The Boston Acoustics VRiSub85 are a pair of installed subwoofers that each sports an 8” DCD CoPolymer subwoofer. Designed specifically to be used with the SA1 external subwoofer power amplifier, the VRISub85 are in-ceiling speakers designated to be placed in separate in-ceiling housings. Both easily installable and positioned, the VRISub85’s convenient “configuration permits optimal placement in virtually any listening environment.” Furthermore, the VRISub85 offers a comparable frequency rate of 33Hz-160kHz and a crossover frequency of 40-160Hz (SA1), making it a powerful set of speakers for any home. The Boston Acoustics VRiSub85 is priced at $600. Keep in mind though that the VRiSub85 must be purchased with the $600 SA1 amplifier, bringing the total price to $1200.
- Woofer: 8” DCD CoPolymer
- Recommended Amplifier: 140-210 Watts (SA1 Amplifier)
- Frequency Response: 33Hz-160kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 40-160Hz (SA1 Amplifier)
- Dimensions(Diameter): 12-5/16”
- Mounting Hole Cutout(Diameter): 10-7/8”