The Boss SL-20 Slicer is a high-end effects pedal suggested for use with guitars, basses and keyboards. The SL-20 Slicer effectively transforms any inserted instrument or vocal into a pulsating groove instrument, featuring 50 onboard slice patterns. Additionally, the SL-20 Slicer features a Harmonic Slicer feature which offers percussive-melody and looping.
The SL-20 Slicer's 50 onboard slice patterns provide the user with a wide variety of tones and pitches to experiment with while its output options and control over sound characteristics such as attack, duration, effect level and direct level (via a sold-separately Expression pedal) allow for a high degree of customization. Meanwhile, the SL-20 Slicer's onboard Harmonic Slicer feature allows users to generate percussive-melody for single-person jamming as well as sound looping for solo performances.
- Instant groove and percussive-melody generator
- 50 Slice patterns onboard, with adjustable attack and duration, including Harmonic Slice
- Tap Tempo via onboard pedal switch; internal and MIDI sync
- Sound characteristics such as attack, duration, effect level and direct level are controllable via external Expression pedal (sold separately)
- Variety of output modes, including the unique 3D Panning for spacious sliced FX
- Maximum recording time: 40 seconds
- Optional AC adaptor (PSA-series) sold separately