The Boss RE-20 Space Echo is a twin reverb pedal designed specifically to emulate the sound produced by the Roland RE-201 Space Echo pedal which is considered a classic by many. The RE-20 recreates the Roland RE-201's analogue reverb digitally while its tap input pedal allows users to adjust the delay time. Additionally, the RE-20's "Expression" pedal offers further tonal control.
The RE-20 is a completely digital pedal, ensuring greater durability than analogue pedals like the Roland RE-201 while faithful reproduction allows for authentic analogue tape flutter and magnetic head sound saturation. Its tap input pedal allows users to adjust the RE-20's delay time, even offering delay time longer than the original RE-201's capabilities. Meanwhile, the RE-20's Expression pedal allows users to adjust parameters such as repeat, rate and intensity for a more personalized reverb.
- Simulates the Roland RE-201 digitally
- Faithful modeling of the RE-201’s tape flutter and magnetic head sound saturation
- Tap input pedal allows delay time to be set by foot
- Longer delay time than the original RE-201
- Control parameters such as repeat, rate, intensity and more via Expression pedal
- Mode selector knob with 12 placements just likes the original Space Echo
- Durable design