The Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion is an entry-level guitar distortion pedal similar to the Boss DS-1 Distortion. The DS-1's main feature is its ability to represent playing dynamics even while offering full distortion unlike the DS-2 which allows users to switch between two Turbo Modes manually. This allows the DS-2 to cater to those who prefer a more subtle distortion as well as those who prefer a hard, biting distortion effect.
The DS-2 Turbo Distortion's two Turbo Modes offer warm and mellow distortion with flat frequency response (Turbo I) and biting distortion with a mid-range boost (Turbo II). Its level, tone and distortion knobs allow users to further adjust tone, pitch and distortion levels for a more personalized sound. Additionally, the DS-2 Turbo Distortion sports an internal remote jack that allows users to add an external foot switch for hands-free Turbo Mode switching.
- Classic BOSS distortion tones with added Turbo modes
- Turbo Mode I produces warm and mellow distortion with flat frequency response
- Turbo Mode II provides biting distortion with a mid-range boost, perfect for leads
- Level, tone and distortion knobs for manual tweaking
- Built-in remote jack allows users to connect an external footswitch such as the FS-5L for instant, hands-free switching between modes
- 5 year manufacturer's warranty
- Compatible with PSA-series AC adapters or 9 volt battery operation