Create unparalleled recordings and send them directly to your computer with Blue Microphone's Yeti USB Microphone. The Yeti uses Blue Microphone's proprietary tri-capsule technology to produce pristine, studio-quality recordings. It features four different pattern settings so you can record vocals, instrumental music, podcasts, or interviews in ways that would normally require multiple microphones. With simple controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and microphone gain, you'll be creating exceptional recordings right out of the box.
- Tri-capsule array - 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation
- Multiple pattern selection - cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers, interviews, field recordings, conference calls
- Plug 'n play - Mac OS X (10.4.11 or higher) and PC (Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
With its controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and microphone gain, the Yeti puts you in charge of every level of the recording process. If you are experiencing distortion or feedback while recording an especially loud source, simply adjust the microphone's sensitivity with the gain control. Or, if you want to take a break in the middle of a podcast, use the instant mute button. The microphone comes equipped with a 3.5-millimeter headphone jack and allows you to listen to what you're recording in real-time, without latency delays. You can adjust the volume of your headphones using a control on the front of the microphone.
The Yeti features a visual design inspired by classic recording equipment--a stylish, retro aesthetic that will complement any computer system. Its metal grille and shiny, chrome-toned frame recall the look of old-timey microphones. Because it's built on a hinge, you can adjust and pivot the microphone in relation to the sound source, improving sound quality. Once you have it at a desired angle, you can use the set screws to secure it in place. The microphone can also be folded down for easy portability, or removed completely from its base for field recordings.
- Stereo mode: The stereo mode uses both the left and right channels, and is ideal for capturing a realistic, general sound image.
- Cardioid mode: Well-suited to podcasts, sung vocals, and other voice work, cardioid mode records sound sources that are directly in front of the microphone. It delivers a rich, full-bodied sound.
- Omnidirectional mode: Omnidirectional mode picks up sound equally from all directions. It is best used in situations when you want to capture the ambience of 'being there'--like a live recording of a band's performance.
- Bidirectional mode: Bidirectional mode records from both the front and the rear of the microphone. It is ideal for capturing the nuance of a musical instrument, or recording an interview between two people.
The Yeti requires no complicated drivers to operate; simply plug it into your computer's USB port with the included USB cable, calibrate it with your operating system, and you're ready to record. The microphone is compatible with Mac OS X (10.4.11 or higher) and PC (Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP), and requires a minimum of 64 MB of RAM.
- Adjustable stand
- USB cable
- The Yeti USB Microphone is backed by a two-year limited warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the USB cable that it comes with?
Does it work for singing?
What pop filters work best for the Blue Yeti?
Any decent pop filter will work.
Add New FAQ
- Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz
- Bit Rate 16bit
- Sample Rate 48 kHz
- Power Required/Consumption: 5V 150mA