The Snowball is a direct plug'n'play mic that connects to either a Mac or PC – no additional software is needed. With its dual capsule design and unique three-pattern switch (cardioid, cardioid with -10dB pad and omni), the Snowball can handle everything from soft vocals to the loudest garage band — and it’s ideal for podcasting.
Whether you're recording a guitar at your kitchen table or a complete band in the studio, the Snowball can capture it with detail unheard of before in a USB mic.
- USB Output: The USB output enables direct integration with a desktop or laptop computer, allowing CD-quality recording
- Dual Capsule Design: The dual capsule design incorporates omnidirectional and cardioid elements to give you a choice
- -10dB Pad: A -10dB pad switch eliminates noise and distortion when capturing signals at extreme volume levels
- Accessories Included: A desktop stand and USB cable are included so you can begin recording right away
- Ideal for recording music, podcasts, live chat, and more
- Award winning dual capsule and circuit design
- Includes adjustable mic stand and USB cable
- Mac and PC compatible
- Bright Orange
- Brushed Aluminum
- Electric Blue
- Gloss Black
- Hot Pink
- Neon Green
- Wicked Purple
Using Blue's proprietary dual-capsule technology, the Snowball can record a wide range of situations. Its multiple pattern capability makes it an ideal choice for recording music, podcasts, Skype conversations, and live chat. Depending on what kind of sound you are recording, you can choose from three distinct pattern modes:
- Cardioid mode: Well-suited to podcasts, sung vocals, and other voice work, cardioid mode records sound sources that are directly in front of the microphone. It delivers a rich, full-bodied sound.
- Cardioid mode with -10 dB PAD: The same as cardioid mode, except with a -10 dB attenuation that helps you capture louder sounds with higher fidelity.
- Omnidirectional mode: Omnidirectional mode picks up sound equally from all directions. It is best used in situations when you want to capture the ambience of "being there"--like a live recording of a band's performance.
With a visual design inspired by classic recording equipment, the Snowball's stylish, retro aesthetic will complement any computer system. Its metal grille and brushed-aluminum frame recall the look of old-timey microphones.
The Snowball comes with an adjustable tripod that lets you position the microphone in relation to the sound source, improving sound quality. It also features an LED indicator, which glows red when the microphone is powered.
The Snowball requires no complicated drivers to operate; simply plug it into your computer's USB port with the included USB cable, calibrate the microphone with your operating system, and you're ready to record.
The microphone is compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (Home and Professional), and Mac OS X (10.4.11 or higher), and requires a minimum of 64 MB of RAM.
The Snowball USB Microphone is backed by a two-year limited warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will it pick up the sound of my keyboard clicks if I am typing during a presentation?
Depends on the "listening" mode you have it, since it has 3. But usually you'll be using no. 1 which will focus on what is in front of it, so there's no problem.
Do you need any extra items with this mic. such as a filter, shock mount, or pre-amp?
No additional supplies are necessary. It comes as a microphone as a large round ball with a small tripod to put it on. The USB cord is also included.
Does this work on a 2013 27 inch imac?
Add New FAQ
- Transducer Type Condenser, Pressure Gradient w/USB Digital Output
- Polar Pattern Omnidirectional or Cardioid
- Sample/Bit Rate 44.1 kHz/16 Bit