The Wi-Fi enabled WeMo Insight Switch allows you to turn your home appliances and electronics on or off and monitor their usage and costs from anywhere inside--or outside--of your home. WeMo Insight Switch helps you save money by giving you information about your devices and letting you take actions instantly. Simply plug the switch into an outlet in your home, and plug your device into the switch. Using the free WeMo App for both Android and iOS, you can monitor energy usage and costs, create schedules that work with your lifestyle, and receive customized notifications. Add additional WeMo Insight Switches to control as much of your home as you like.
- Remotely turn appliances and electronic devices on and off
- Monitor and control energy usage and costs from anywhere
- Set schedules and receive customized notifications
- Control using the free WeMo App on smartphone or tablet. Works with your existing home Wi-Fi network
- Compatible with any smartphone or tablet running Android 4.0 and higher or iOS 6 and higher
- Never have wrinkled clothes again, find out when your laundry cycle ends
- Find out if the kids have exceeded their TV, take action and turn it off remotely
- Identify energy wasters by finding out how much you spend per month on specific devices
The Belkin WeMo Insight Switch allows you to put your home appliances and electronic devices on a schedule and keep an eye on their costs and usage--at home or away. Using the free WeMo App, you can access information on your smartphone or tablet and make informed decisions about when and how long to use your devices.
The WeMo Insight Switch is ideal for TVs, computers, video game systems, washers/dryers, lamps, space heaters, and A/C wall units--any devices you want to monitor. See instantly how much your electronics cost to run in different modes and identify energy wasters. Let the WeMo Insight Switch track your usage over time and figure out the long-term impact of devices on your electric bill.
The free WeMo App makes it easy to customize schedules for appliances and electronics in your home to fit your lifestyle. You can program a lamp to turn on or off anytime during the day or to respond automatically to sunrise and sunset--ideal when you're out of town. Receive an alert when your laundry cycle is complete to avoid wrinkled clothes, set a TV limit for your kids, or find out if the curling iron is still on and turn it off instantly. WeMo Insight Switch ensures that your devices are only on when you need them to be.
WeMo is completely modular, allowing you to control as much or as little of your home as you like. Pair any product from the WeMo family to program and monitor multiple electronic devices or appliances throughout your home. Belkin also offers WeMo Switch, WeMo Switch + Motion Kit, and WeMo Light Switch--all of which are Wi-Fi enabled, easy to set up, and compatible with the free WeMo App for Android and iOS devices. Multiple electronic devices can be controlled from the WeMo App, giving you instant visibility to every connected device. The WeMo App also works on multiple smartphones and tablets simultaneously.
The Belkin WeMo Insight Switch is compatible with Apple (iOS 6 and higher) and Android (4.0 and higher) and your existing Wi-Fi router. It works with iPod touch (3rd generation and later), iPhone (3GS and later), iPad (all models), and the latest Android smartphones and tablets.
- Step 1: Download and install the WeMo App on your Android device.
- Step 2: Plug the WeMo device to an AC power outlet. QUICK TIP: Plug in and set up your WeMo devices one at a time.
- Step 3: Launch the WeMo App. Select Get Started.
- Step 4: To start connecting the Android device to WeMo, tap the Settings icon.
- Step 5: Tap Wi-Fi.
- Step 6: Select the WeMo network.
- Step 7: When the prompt appears, select your home Wi-Fi Network and enter your Wi-Fi password if you have set one. NOTE: For added security, it is recommended that you use a password protected network when setting up your WeMo devices.
- Step 8: Once your WeMo is successfully connected to the Wi-Fi network, it will ask if you would like turn on Remote Access. Click Yes and continue to customize your WeMo. NOTE: To learn more about Remote Access for WeMo, click here.
- Step 9: Give your WeMo device a Name and Icon. Enter your email address if you would like the latest WeMo news and product updates.
- Step 10: Select Save. NOTE: Keeping the Remember Wi-Fi Settings checked means the next time you setup a WeMo, you will not need to enter your network details.
- Your WeMo device will be ready to use now. NOTE: Anything you plug into the WeMo Switch can be turned ON or OFF from anywhere.
Frequently Asked Questions
To switch a light on at sunset does the smart phone app have to run?
No, from the app, you can set it to turn on and off by either setting it to sunrise, sunset or a specific time (or ifttt on iOS or browser). After it is set, it doesn't need the app any longer.
Can the smart phone app run on several devices (such as an iPhone and an iPad) at the same time or will that cause conflicts?
We have 2 in the house, operated by 3 iPhones and 1 android tablet. No issues.
Can you 'post' a full reboot cycle to the outlet- ie: tell the outlet to turn off and then turn back on? This would be handy to power cycle a router.
I don't think this would be possible. There is no off/on rule possible in the wemo app. I tried this once by connecting it to my IFTTT (ifttt.com) account but it didn't work to power off then back on.
Add New FAQ
- Compatible Smartphone or tablet running Android 4.0 and higher or iOS 6 and higher
Add New Resource