The Baofeng UV-5R is a compact hand held transceiver providing 4 watts in the frequency range of 136-174 MHz and 400-480 MHz. It is a compact, economical HT that includes a special VHF receive band from 65 - 108 MHz which includes the regular FM broadcast band. Dual watch and dual reception is supported. You get up to 128 memories. Other features include: selectable wide/narrow, battery save function, VOX, DCS/CTCSS encode, key lock and built in flashlight. Selectable frequency steps include: 2.5, 5, 6.25, 10, 12.5 and 25 kHz. RF power may be selected at 4 or 1 watts. This radio comes with ANT5 SMA-J flexible antenna, BL-5 Li-ion battery (7.4V 1800 mAh), belt clip, wrist strap, AC adapter (8.4V 600ma) and drop-in charging tray. This radio requires purchase of the USB-02 programming cable and downloading of software prior to use.
- Frequency Range: 136-174 / 400-479.995 MHz. durable housing.
- 25KHz/12.5KHz Switchable.
- Upgraded 2014 Bright & easy to read two-color LED display.
- Dual-Band Display, Dual Freq. Display, Dual-Standby.
- 128 Channels 50 CTCSS and 104 CDCSS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this be used for MURS? Can it be used for business?
It can be used for MURS on the 5 allowed frequencies. Technically, you can set the radio up for point to point on any frequency in its range, at your own risk.
Will the accessories for Baofeng 5R work on the 5RV3?
They should. The version 3 really just has improved construction and function. It's still the same equipment.
Add New FAQ
- Frequency Range 136-174 / 400-479.995 MHz.
- Batteries 1 Nonstandard Battery batteries required. (included)