The Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone is designed to take you from the stage to the studio and beyond. This rugged handheld microphone offers two outputs, USB output for digital recording, and an XLR output that connects with a sound system conventional microphone input for use in live performance. The microphone plugs right into your computer USB port, and functions seamlessly with your favorite recording software. The ATR2100-USB also offers a quality analog-to-digital converter for excellent fidelity, and a headphone output with level control for monitoring with no audible delay. Its cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of unwanted sounds from the sides and rear. The microphone is ideal for live performance, podcasting, home studio recording, field recording, and voiceover use.
- Handheld dynamic microphone with USB digital output and XLR analog output
- USB output connects to your computer for digital recording, while the XLR output connects with your sound system conventional microphone input for use in live performance
- Smooth, extended frequency response ideally suited for podcasting, home studio recording, field recording, voiceover, and on-stage use
- Built-in headphone jack allows you to directly monitor your microphone output without audible delay
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of unwanted sounds from the sides and rear
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this come with both USB & XLR cables, tripod desk stand and threaded stand clamp?
Yes it does.
How close do you have to have the mic in order for it to get good volume? Can I sit back a bit, or do I have to be right on top of it?
It's a dynamic mic, therefore it will not pick up any outside noise. You can easily talk directly into the microphone or 2 to 6 inches away for best quality without any distortion. If you lean back and talk from couple of feet away, you will still be heard but your voice will sound in the distance.
Does the headphone monitor jack only monitor the mic, or also the sound from the pc?
Both, if you set it as the audio output on the PC.
How long is the included usb cable?
A little over 6 feet.
Add New FAQ
- Controls Headphone volume control, On/off switch
- Output Connector USB-type/XLR-type
- Headphone Output Power 10 mW @ 16 ohms
- Headphone Jack 3.5 mm TRS (stereo)
- Power 10 mW @ 16 ohms
- Sample Rate 44.1
- Bit Depth 16 bit
- Power Requirements USB Power (5V DC)
- Frequency Response 50-15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern Cardioid
- Element Dynamic