The M-Series ATH-M40x professional monitor headphones are tuned flat for incredibly accurate audio monitoring across an extended frequency range. Your studio experience is enhanced with superior sound isolation and swiveling earcups for convenient one-ear monitoring. Engineered with pro-grade materials and robust construction, the M40x excels in professional studio tracking and mixing, as well as DJ monitoring.
The ATH-M50 is an unmatched combination of audio and build quality, whether in the studio or on the go. That award-winning formula is embodied in the newly remastered M-Series line, with a model perfectly suited for every discerning listener. Contoured earcups seal tight for excellent sound isolation, with minimal bleed. And the pro-grade materials are durable, yet comfortable. M-Series professional monitor headphones deliver accurate audio and outstanding comfort that gets the job done.
- Cutting-edge engineering and robust construction
- 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort. Removable cable
Frequently Asked Questions
How does this compare to the M50?
The M40x headphones feature an improved headband and earcup (for comfort) over the M50 and are also tuned flat, ideal for studio applications.
What about "noise pollution"?
At certain volumes yes, for example at 50 percent volume on the phone most likely no one on the bus will be able to hear your music, but at higher volumes, like 75 or 100 they do leak a good amount of sound.
Will the ATH-M40x work for big head?
Yes. They are pretty flexible and adjustable.
Add New FAQ
- Earcup Swivel 90° Both Directions
- Impedance (ohms) 35
- Maximum Input Power 2,000 mW
- Sensitivity 97 dB
- Driver Size 45 mm
- Frequency Response 5 - 40,000 Hz
Add New Resource