The ATI Radeon HD 3850 is a low-mid-range graphics card $115 designed for affordable gaming performance as part of the Radeo HD 38xx series of graphics cards. Following on the heels of the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, the HD 3850 supports the new PCI Express 2.0 standard that doubles the bus speed to 16 GB / s. The Radeon HD 38xx series is the first GPU to support DirectX 10.1 and plug-and-play ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU upgradeability. CrossFireX is similar to CrossFire in that it allows you to have multiple graphics cards installed in your PC, but CrossFireX allows up to 4 video cards to be used. You'll need a motherboard with four PCI express slots to do this, however.
- PCI Express 2.0 supporting bus speeds up to 16 GB / s
- Support DirectX 10.1 - adds new lighting features
- CrossFireX multi-GPU functionality with support to up to 4 graphic cards
- Dual-DVI output
- dedicated HD-DVD, Blu-Ray video decoder (1080p)
- Output to your home theater with DVI-to-HDMI converter (/w audio)
- AVIVO HD