The Asus Sabertooth 55i is a mid-range to high-end Intel P55 chipset motherboard designed specifically to withstand extreme temperature conditions due to overclocking. It features an LGA1156 CPU socket type, support for up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM and support for either ATI CrossFireX or Nvidia SLI multi-GPU setups. Additionally, the Sabertooth 55i sports a number of temperature-reducing features such as CeraM!X heatsink coating and a CoolMem! fan frame.
The Sabertooth 55i can support any Intel Core i3, i5 or i7-8xx processor due to its LGA1156 socket type while its 4 DIMM slots are capable of supporting up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 2000, 1800, 1600, 1333 and 1066 MHz. Its two PCIe 2.0 x16 expansion slots allow it to support either Nvidia SLI or ATI CrossFireX dual-GPU setups in x8/x8 mode. Meanwhile, the Sabertooth 55i's CeraM!X heatsink coating promotes greater heat dissipation due to a microscopic irregular surface and enlarged area while its CoolMem! fan frame which allows for any 40mm or 50mm fan to be installed directly over the memory modules, ensuring proper operating temperatures.
- LGA1156 socket supports Intel Core i3, i5 or i7-8xx processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 2000, 1800, 1600, 1333 and 1066 MHz
- Expansion slots: 2x PCIe 2.0 x16, 3x PCIe 2.0 x1, 2x PCI
- Supports Nvidia SLI/ATI CrossFire multi-GPU setups
- 6x SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports with RAID 0,1,5,10 support, 1x External SATA
- 14 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 8 ports at back panel)
- CeraM!X heatsink coating for cooler overall system temperature
- CoolMem! fan frame allows for easy installation of RAM fans