The Asus Rampage III Extreme is a top-of-the-line ATX form factor motherboard with Intel's X58 chipset. It supports all of the latest Intel Core i7 processors, 4-way Nvidia SLI and ATI CrossfireX and up to 24GB of tri-channel DDR3 RAM. Additionally, the Rampage III Extreme sports 2 SATA 6 ports and 2 USB 3.0/2.0 ports for faster data transfer rates internally and externally.
The Rampage III Extreme sports an LGA1366 CPU socket, supporting all Intel Core i7 9xx and 9xx Extreme Edition processor (including the 6 core i7 980X) as well as up to 24GB of tri-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 2200(O.C.), 2133(O.C.), 2000(O.C.), 1800(O.C.), 1600, 1333 and 1066MHz. Its 4 PCIe 2.0 x16 graphics card lanes allow for up to 4-way Nvidia SLI or ATI CrossFireX setups with x16, x16/x16, x16/x8/x8 and x8/x8/x8/x8 configurations (depending on the number of cards used). Meanwhile, the Rampage III Extreme's 2 SATA 6 ports allow for transfer speeds of 6Gb/s with compatible SATA devices while its 2 USB 3.0 ports allow for transfer speeds of up to 5Gb/s with compatible USB 3.0 devices.
- Intel X58 Express Chipset
- LGA1366 socket supports Intel Core i7 9xx processors
- Up to 24GB tri-channel DDR3 RAM support @ 2200(O.C.), 2133(O.C.), 2000(O.C.), 1800(O.C.), 1600, 1333 and 1066MHz
- 4 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 1 x PCIe x4, 1 x PCI 2.2
- Supports up to 4-way Nvidia SLI and ATI CrossFireX
- 2x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (at back panel), 9x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel, 1 reserved for ROG Connect), 2x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports, 1x eSATA
- Republic of Gamers exclusive features such as ROG Connect for easier overclocking