The Asus Rampage II GENE is a high-end Intel X58 chipset motherboard specifically aimed at gamers. It features support for the higher-end Intel Core i7 processors, Nvidia SLI and ATI CrossFireX dual-GPU setups and up to 24GB of tri-channel DDR3 RAM. Additionally, the Rampage II GENE features a number of Republic of Gamers exclusive features specifically for hardware-concerned gamers, namely MemOK! and CPU Level Up.
The Rampage II GENE's LGA1366 CPU socket type allows for any Intel Core i7 9xx processor or Core i7 9xx Extreme Edition processor, including the 6 core i7 980X, as well as support for up to 24GB of tri-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 2000(O.C.), 1800(O.C.), 1600(O.C.), 1333 and 1066 MHz. Its 2 PCIe 2.0 x16 graphics lanes allow for either ATI CrossFireX or Nvidia SLI dual-GPU setups at dual 16x speed. Meanwhile, the Rampage II GENE's MemOK! function patches memory issues at the push of a button while its CPU Level Up features allows for quick and easy CPU overclocking, also at the push of a button.
- Intel X58 Express Chipset
- LGA1366 socket supports Intel Core i7 9xx processors
- Up to 24GB tri-channel DDR3 RAM support @ 2000(O.C.), 1800(O.C.), 1600(O.C.), 1333 and 1066 MHz
- 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 2.0 x4, 1 x PCI 2.2
- Supports Nvidia SLI and ATI CrossFireX
- 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel), 1x eSATA
- Republic of Gamers exclusive features such as MemOK! and CPU Level Up for quick and easy hardware overclocking/diagnostics