The Asus P6T SE is a high-end Intel X58 chipset motherboard similar to the Asus P6T. Sporting the same support for high-end Intel Core i7 processors and 24GB of tri-channel DDR3 RAM as the P6T, the P6T SE lacks the P6T's AI Nap technology and Nvidia 3-way SLI support, instead offering only ATI Quad-GPU CrossFireX support. Otherwise, the two motherboards sport the same basic features, including Asus' Express Gate operating system.
The P6T SE's LGA1366 CPU socket offers support for any Intel Core i7 9xx processor, including Extreme Editions i7s such as the 965 and 975 as well as the six core 980X, as well as up to 24GB of tri-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 2000(O.C.), 1866(O.C.), 1800(O.C.), 1600(O.C.), 1333 and 1066 MHz. Its 3 PCIe 2.0 x16 graphics lanes allow the P6T SE to handle up to three ATI graphics cards in CrossFireX at x16/x16/x4 mode. Meanwhile, the P6T SE's Express Gate feature offers an integrated OS that user's can use to access the internet and certain key programs without having first installed Windows.
- Intel X58 Express Chipset
- LGA1366 socket supports Intel Core i7 9xx processors
- Up to 24GB tri-channel DDR3 RAM support @ 2000(O.C.), 1866(O.C.), 1800(O.C.), 1600(O.C.), 1333 and 1066 MHz
- 3 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI
- Supports ATI Quad-GPU CrossFireX
- 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel)
- Express Gate technology for instant internet access