The Asus P6T is a high-end motherboard based on Intel's top-of-the-line X58 chipset. I features support for the more powerful, enthusiast level Intel Core i7 processors as well as support for tri-channel DDR3 RAM up to a max of 24GB. Additionally, the P6T features support for 3-way SLI for Nvidia graphics cards and Quad-GPU CrossFireX support for ATI graphics cards as well as AI Nap technology for more active users.
The P6T's LGA1366 socket type allows it to handle any Intel Core i7 9xx processor, including the 6 core Core i7 980X chip, as well as up to 24GB of tri-channel (6 DIMMs) DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 2000(O.C.), 1866(O.C.), 1800(O.C.), 1600(O.C.), 1333 and 1066 MHz. Its 3 PCIe 2.0 x16 graphics lanes allow the P6T to support up to 3 GPUs running simultaneously (SLI or CrossFireX) in x16/x16/x4 mode for maximum graphical capability. Meanwhile, the P6T's AI Nap technology provides a sleep mode which forces your PC to run at minimal required power (and therefore minimum noise) while still allowing background activities such as downloading to continue.
- Intel X58 Express Chipset
- LGA1366 socket supports Intel Core i7 9xx processors
- Up to 24GB tri-channel DDR3 RAM support @ 2000(O.C.), 1866(O.C.), 1800(O.C.), 1600(O.C.), 1333 and 1066 MHz
- 3 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI
- Supports Nvidia 3-way SLI and ATI Quad-GPU CrossFireX
- 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel)
- AI Nap technology for quiet background downloading