The Asus P5QPL-VM EPU is a low-end to mid-range microATX motherboard based on Intel's G41 northbridge and ICH7 southbridge chipsets. It features an LGA775 CPU socket, supporting a wide variety of Intel processors, and supports up to 8GB of DDR2 RAM. Additionally, the P5QPL-VM EPU boasts HDMI/DVI support, allowing for 108p high definition playback.
The P5QPL-VM EPU's LGA775 CPU socket allows it to interface with any Intel Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium dual-core, Celeron dual-core or Celeron processor while its dual DIMM slots support up to 8GB of dual-channel DDR2 RAM with data transfer rates of 1066(O.C.), 800 and 667MHz. Meanwhile, the P5QPL-VM EPU's integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (Intel GMA4500) provides native support for DirectX 10 and 1080p HD media playback via HDMI (1920 x 1200 @60Hz), DVI (1920 x 1200 @60Hz) and RGB (2048 x 1536@75Hz).
- LGA775 socket supports Intel Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium dual-core, Celeron dual-core or Celeron processors
- Supports up to 8GB of dual-channel DDR2 RAM @ 1066(O.C.), 800 and 667MHz
- Intel GMA4500 integrated graphics
- Supports HDMI/DVI with max. resolution 1920X1200(@ 60Hz) and RGB with max. resolution 2048 x 1536 (@75Hz)
- 1 x PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI
- ALC887 High Definition Audio 8 -Channel CODEC
- LAN: Atheros L1E PCIE Gb LAN controller