The Asus P5Q-VM DO is a microATX motherboard similar to the Asus P5Q-EM DO. The P5Q-VM DO features support for only 6 channel audio (the P5Q-EM DO boasts 8 channel audio support) and 10 USB 2.0 ports (the P5Q-EM DO has 12) while also lacking the P5Q-EM DO's overclocking features. However, the two motherboards do share the same LGA775 socket, support for 16GB of DDR2 RAM and native 1080p HD support.
The P5Q-VM DO's LGA775 CPU socket allows it to support any Intel Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Duo, Pentium dual-core, Celeron dual-core or Celeron processor while its 4 DIMM slots provide support for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR2 RAM with data transfer rates of 800 and 667MHz. Additionally, the P5Q-VM DO's integrated Intel X4500 HD graphics processor allows for out-of-the-box 1080p HD media playback via DVI (1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz) and RGB (2048 X 1536 X 32Bpp @75Hz).
- LGA775 CPU socket supports Intel Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Duo, Pentium dual-core, Celeron dual-core and Celeron processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR2 RAM @ 800 and 667 MHz
- Integrated Intel X4500 HD graphics
- Video outputs: DVI (1920 X 1200 @60Hz), RGB (2048 X 1536@75Hz)
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 3 x PCI
- 10 USB 2.0 ports (4 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel)
- Asus EZ Flash 2 BIOS update technology