The Asus P5Q-EM DO is a low-end to mid-range microATX motherboard based on the Intel Q45 / ICH10DO chipsets. It features an LGA775 CPU socket type for support of a wide variety of Intel processors as well as support for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR2 RAM. Additionally, the P5Q-EM DO boasts native support for 1080p video and Asus' EZ Flash 2 BIOS update technology.
The P5Q-EM DO's LGA775 CPU socket allows it to handle any Intel Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Duo, Pentium dual-core, Celeron dual-core or Celeron processor while its 4 DIMM slots provide support for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR2 RAM with data transfer rates of 800 and 667MHz. Its Asus EZ Flash 2 technology makes updating the P5Q-EM DO's BIOS as easy as plugging in a USB stick containing the BIOS update file, eliminating the need for an installed operating system for BIOS updates. Meanwhile, the P5Q-EM DO's integrated Intel 4500 graphics processor provides native support for 1080p high definition media via DVI (1920 X 1080@60Hz) and RGB (2048 X 1536@75Hz) or even via HDMI with a sold separately HDMI ADD2 card.
- LGA775 CPU socket supports Intel Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Duo, Pentium dual-core, Celeron dual-core and Celeron processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR2 RAM @ 800 and 667 MHz
- Integrated Intel 4500 graphics
- Video outputs: DVI (1920 X 1080@60Hz), RGB (2048 X 1536@75Hz)
- Asus EZ Flash 2 BIOS update technology
- 1 x PCIe x16, 2 x PCIe x1, 1 x PCI
- 12 USB 2.0 ports (8 ports at mid-board, 4ports at back panel)