The Asus P5KPL-AM EPU is a low-end microATX motherboard based on Intel's G31 (northbridge) and ICH7 (southbridge) chipsets. It features an LGA775 CPU socket for support of select Intel processors and support for up to 4GB of DDR2 RAM. Additionally, the P5KPL-AM EPU sports Asus' EPU technology for more efficient energy consumption and integrated Intel GMA 3100 graphics.
The P5KPL-AM EPU's LGA775 CPU socket provides support for Intel Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Duo, Pentium dual-core, Celeron dual-core and Celeron processors while its two DIMM slots allow for up to 4GB of dual-channel DDR2 RAM with data transfer rates of 1066(O.C.), 800 and 667MHz. Its EPU (Energy Processing Unit) technology makes the P5KPL-AM EPU more energy efficient as it regulates power consumption based on processor load, ensuring that only the exact amount of energy needed is being used at any given moment. Meanwhile, the P5KPL-AM EPU's integrated Intel GMA 3100 graphics processor features a maximum RGB resolution of 2048x1536X32bpp with a horizontal refresh rate of 127.5KHz and a vertical refresh rate of 75Hz.
- LGA775 CPU socket supports Intel Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Duo, Pentium dual-core, Celeron dual-core and Celeron processors
- Supports up to 4GB of dual-channel DDR2 RAM @ 1066(O.C.), 800 and 667 MHz
- Integrated Intel 3100 graphics
- Video output: RGB (2048 X 1536@ 75Hz vertical, 127.5KHz horizontal)
- 1 x PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI
- 8 USB 2.0 ports (4 ports at mid-board, 4 ports at back panel)
- Asus EPU technology for more energy efficient computing