The Asus P5G41-M LX is a low-end to mid-range microATX motherboard similar to the Asus P5G41-M LE/CSM. The main difference between the P5G41-M LX and P5G41-M LE/CSM is that the P5G41-M LX features a number of Asus' proprietary software such as EZ Flash 2 and Turbo Key. Otherwise, the two motherboards sport the same features, including: an LGA775 CPU socket and support for up to 8GB of RAM.
The P5G41-M LX's EZ Flash 2 feature allows for easy updating of the system's BIOS, requiring only a USB flash drive and the BIOS update while its Turbo Key feature allows users to turn the power button into an overclock button for simple, fast overclocking. Meanwhile, the P5G41-M LX's LGA775 CPU socket supports any Intel Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium dual-core, Celeron dual-core or Celeron processor while its two DIMM slots support up to 8GB of DDR2 RAM with data transfer rates of 1066(O.C.), 800 and 667MHz.
- LGA775 socket supports Intel Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium dual-core, Celeron dual-core or Celeron processors
- Supports up to 8GB of dual-channel DDR2 RAM @ 1066(O.C.), 800 and 667MHz
- Intel GMA X4500 integrated graphics
- 1 x PCIe x16, 2 x PCIe x1, 1 x PCI
- ALC662-VC1 High Definition Audio 6-Channel CODEC
- Asus EZ Flash 2 technology
- Asus Turbo Key for fast, easy overclocking