The Asus M4A89GTD PRO is a mid-range ATX form factor motherboard based on the AMD 890GX/SB850 chipsets. It features an AM3 socket for support of AMD's most powerful processors and support for up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM. Additionally, the M4A89GTD PRO sports integrated ATI Radeon HD 4290 graphics as well as two PCIe 2.0 x16 expansion slots for further graphical upgrading.
The M4A89GTD PRO's AM3 socket provides it with support for any Phenom II, Athlon II or Sempron 100 Series processor, including AMD's Phenom II x6 hexa-core processors, while its 4 DIMM slots provide support for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 2000(O.C.), 1333 and 1066MHz. Meanwhile, the M4A89GTD PRO's integrated ATI Radeon HD 4290 GPU boasts native support for 1080p HD video via HDMI (1920 x 1200 @60Hz), DVI (2560x1600 @60Hz) and RGB (2560x1440 @75Hz) while its dual PCIe 2.0 x16 expansion slots and ATI CrossFireX compatibility allow for extreme graphical upgrading for high-end gaming performance.
- AM3 CPU socket supports Phenom II, Athlon II or Sempron 100 Series processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 2000(O.C.), 1333 and 1066MHz
- ATI CrossFireX compatible
- 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 2.0 x4, 1 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 2 x PCI
- Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4290 graphics
- Video output: HDMI (1920 x 1200 @60Hz), DVI (2560x1600 @60Hz) and RGB (2560x1440 @75Hz)
- 14 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (8 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel)
- 1x External Power eSATA 3.0Gb/s port
- Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 - features two USB 3.0 ports ($149.99)