The Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 is a mid-range to high-end ATX motherboard similar to the Asus M4A88TD-M. The M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 boasts a number of significant improvements over the M4A88TD-M, most notably: an eSATA port, two PCIe 2.0 x16 expansion slots and two USB 3.0 ports. Otherwise, the two motherboards sport the same basic features, including: an AM3 socket and support for up to 16GB of RAM.
The M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3's eSATA and USB 3.0 ports provide it with extremely fast external data transfer rates (6 and 5Gb/s, respectively) with compatible eSATA/USB 3.0 devices. Its two PCIe 2.0 x16 expansion slots and ATI CrossFireX support allow the M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 to handle two ATI discrete graphics processors simultaneously for extreme graphical/gaming performance. Meanwhile, the M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3's AM3 CPU socket allows it to handle any AMD Phenom II, Athlon II or Sempron 100 Series processor while its 4 DIMM slots allow for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 2000(O.C.), 1333 and 1066 MHz.
- AM3 socket supports AMD Phenom II, Athlon II and Sempron 100 Series processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 2000(O.C.), 1333 and 1066MHz
- Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics
- Video output: HDMI (1920x1200 @60Hz), DVI (2560x1600 @60Hz) and RGB (2048x1536 @85Hz)
- 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 3 x PCI
- Supports ATI CrossFireX dual-GPU setups
- 1 x eSATA port (6Gb/s ready), 2 x USB 3.0 ports (blue, at back panel, 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (8 ports at mid-board, 4 ports at back panel)